Question
Posted by: Oomfrans | 2012/05/07

Cycling

I have a question about Cycling. When I cycle I get heartburn especially when I do a hard session. I do not eat before training, even when I do I have the same symptoms. What could be the problem

Exertional, possibly? It's not unusual for this to happen when people push really hard - a lot of athletes get nauseous, some even throw out, others get heart burn. I'd be guessing if I told you the exact cause - it could be a change in the body's acid-levels, it might just be irritation of your stomach and digestive system. It may be worth trying an antacid (like Eno) to see if it helps. Otherwise maybe drinking less if you are drinking during training?

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2012/05/15

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc