Question
Posted by: Mieke | 2010/12/07

Cycles

Is it normal to have diffrent cycles every month? October I had a 29 day cycle. Last month I had a 27 day cycle, and I started my period this morning on day 31 of my cycle. So how can one determine when you ovulate? So I only count 14 days from today onwords?

This is within normal limits. Cycles can vary by up to 5 days. This is why it is difficult to calculate the exact ovulation day but you should use a margin of about 3 days on either side of Day 14.

2

14days is for a 28 day cycle.
Thats why its important that you learn to differenciate your cervical fluids, as it changes through out the cycle and if you understand how it should be when you are close to ovulation then you will be able to time intercourse around that time. Your cervical fluids have 4 stages before ovulation, starting after your periods. Stage 1 - Dry 2 - sticky dry 3 - sticky wet and 4 - its raw egg white , read about it and famiralise yourself it will be of great help.