Question
Posted by: Slippers | 2011-05-30

Cycle, MC''s and Fertility

Hello Doc
I had a MC on 12 March at about 7 weeks pregnant (my second one in a row).
Since then I had my first period on 18 April (39 days later), and again on 27 May (40 days later).
I''m concerned that my cycle is so long, and whilst I do reliase that my body is acting strangely following the MC, I just wanted to know when I should be concerned enough to see my Gynae about it, or whether I am wasting his time.
We are trying to conceive again, and of course my cycle isn''t helping.
My gynae also did a range of blood tests to see if he could determine the cause of the MC''s (both were in the first tri-mester), but nothing has arisen. This is a huge concern for me and I realise it''s unfair to ask you for advice since you don''t know much more than this, but I just wanted to know if in your experience, you would have an idea of what the normal reasons are for multiple MC''s in the first trimester?
When does a person need to start consulting a fertility specialist?
Apologies for all the questions....
Thank you for your help

Your cycle should return to normal within 4 months of a miscarriage. Fertility specialists help if you are unable to fall pregnant. Your problem is that you do fall pregnant, but miscarry. Your doctor seems to have done the necessary tests and the chances of a normal pregnancy after 2 miscarriages is about 80%, so try not to worry.