Question
Posted by: NONO | 2008/07/07

CYCLE LENGTH

Dear Doc

I am not sure about calculating my cycle length - is the first day on your bleeding calculated as day 1 even if you are just spotting?Do you count from the first day of bleeding until when?is it until the day before the next period starts or first day of the actual bleeding?My last period was on 11 June - the I had my period again on 06 July - how long was my cycle length and when am I ovuluating as I am ttc?Please explain to me because I am so confused.

Day 1 is the first day of 'proper' bleeding. The first day of the next period is both Day 28, if that's what it is, and Day 1 of the next cycle. So your cycle was 26 days and you should ovulate on Day 12. You should have intercourse from 3 days before to 3 days after your calculated ovulation time, so that one or two days difference doesn't really matter.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2008/07/07

You start counting from the first day of RED bleeding. Your cycle length this time was 25 days, which means that you ovulated around 21st June (approx Day 11), based on this you should ovulate around day 11 again this cycle or 16th July.

Reply to Dee