Question
Posted by: CJ | 2011/01/13

Cycle delayed ...

Hi Doc, is it normal for one''s cycle to be somewhat delayed once you go off contraception? I am a healthy and fit 46year old and decided to go off my contraception in early December and upon visiting my gynae on 17 December got a clean bill of health and she was okay with me having gone off. I did not get a period since ... I am not sexually active so a pregnancy-scare is definitely ruled out. Can you cast some light on this for me please?

Theperiod may be delayed as your body adjusts to being off the Pill. It could also be the start of menopause which was disgusied while you were on the Pill.

1