Question

cycle confusion

Salaams Dr

My cycles are usually between 33 to 36 days long. I have PCOS and endometriosis.
My last cycle started on 14 Jan 2011 (CD1). I used an OPT and detected ovulation on CD16,17, AND 18. No period came since.
Usually when I ovulate on CD 20,21,23. I can get my period on CD36.
But this month I ovulated alil early, so does that mean that I should get my period on CD 33/34?
Its late and have no pregnancy symptoms.

thanks
salaams

Dear Anon

From the date that ovulation occurs menstruation will usually occur 14 days later if a pregnancy has not occurred. So in other words if there is definite confirmation of ovulation you should see either a period 14 days later or a pregnancy is most likely. So yes it means that you should get a period on cycle day 33-34 instead of 36.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/02/22

Dear Anon

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert