Posted by: shapegirl | 2008-11-08

cycle challenge and donating blood

Hi Ross
thanks for a wonderful talk on Friday at the Shape Workshop! Was very inspiring and motivating!
i' m doing the 94.7 road race and i' m due for donating blood next week (ie. a week before) would you recommend it? or should i wait til after? will it make any difference to my training and performance?
thanks a lot

Thank you, and thanks for coming. I'm glad you found it inspiring!

I wouldn't recommend it, the time frame is too short. You need probably two weeks after donating blood to recover fully, and you'd have 4 days (7 from the time you wrote in -sorry for the slightly late answer).

But given the time frames, it's definitely going to be better to wait until after your race, and then do it and take a week or so off.

Hope you got this in time! And good luck on race day!