Question
Posted by: Jani | 2009-06-03

Cycle at 49 days, and not pregnant

I used Yasmin (the orange pack) for 1 year and 4 months, and I stopped with it +- 24 January. My hysband and I began trying for a baby in May. That gave my hormones almost 3 to 4 months to stabilize. Menstruation itself is for 5 days. Now here is the length of my cycles (from beginning of menstruation to beginning of next menstruation) from Jan. JAN-MAR=38 days, MAR-APR=43 days, and since then I have not started menstruating again- cycle is at 50 days now. Did 3 home preg tests, and on day 44 did a blood preg test- all negative. Is there something wrong? What can be the reason for this. I know that heavy excercise or stress can keep it away, but I dont have any, and do not exercise. Also not overweight or underweight= weighing 63 kgs and 1.71 m tall.
Please help??

It sounds like you are not ovulating. This can happen for a couple of months after stopping the Pill as your body adjusts, but yours has been too long. I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist.

1

Means your cycle is irregular mine was like that and my gyne suggested I take a contraceptive pill it became 28 days I left it after five months and fell preggies.