Question
Posted by: Ekke | 2009-02-13

Cybervet, wat gaan met jou aan?

Jissie ou, hoekom is jy so mislik? Is dit stres? Jy' s kortaf en onvriendelik, laaik jy nie die job nie?

" dis nie die geel bladsye nie" 
" looking for cheap vets" 

ens

wat gaan aan met jou? Mense kom hier om raad te soek nie om kak gegee te word nie.

Chill

Dear Ekke

The veterinary profession is under a lot of strain in South Africa and the attitude of some dog and cat owners are just beyond belief. A recent study showed that 75% plus of vets in general (not just SA) is suffering from depression and feel trapped in their job. The public expect only the best from us but are often not prepared to pay for that service. If you go to a GP and he charges you a consult fee of R200 you will not think he is steeling your money. If you go a vet and he charge more than a R1000 for a spay people start to lift their eyebrows here. This spay includes a anaesthetic machine, drugs, surgical sutures, a nurse, skill and a kennel for that dog to wake up in.

Most vets have to work till they start to make mistakes due to old age, can not go extravagant holidays or drive nice cars.

So after this long story as a summary: I do not want to give a dog lover advice on how he can by-pass his vet and have his dog's testicles removed 'on the cheap' and how on earth can I tell somebody who lives in a place that nobody cares about where they can get a certain drug from. If they can navigate their way to this website they can find Pfizer or the number of a local vet.

Ek sal probeer om my irritasie beter weg te steek met sommige vrae en hulp aan te bied waar ek kan en die mense nie te veel k*k te gee nie. Ek is een van die gelukkiges wat 'n lekker kar ry en nie gaan werk tot ek te veel bewe nie.