Question
Posted by: yada786 | 2008/06/29

cyberdoc i need ur advice

Hi ,i went to hospital and they ran tests on my thyroid gland, i got my results saying that i have an overactive thyroid but it's not necessary for it to be treated ,i don't understand because i am always tired i am losing weight at a phenomanal pace and i am very irritable...... what should i do or can you advise me please as i don't feel satisfied by being told it's not necessary to be treated when i don't feel healthy yet.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you get a second opinion. An overactive thyroid does not necessarily have to be treated. It will depend on the cause for the overactive thyroid. There are treatment for the symptoms from an overactive thyroid but you will have to get a prescription from your GP.

Kind regards