Posted by: Concerned | 2009-07-16

This question is posed exclusively to you.
I have recently started dating a man (40years old), who seems quite nice and we decided that honesty would play a vital role in our newly developing relationship. Both him and I have been single for 3 to 5 years. A few days ago we were having a casual chat and he mentioned that he sucks his thumb when sleeping as he finds it quite relaxing. He is a chemical engineer and appears to be quite intelligent and seems to be rather considerate - very polite and always uses his ' p' s'  and ' q' s' . He also talks about his mother - not too much but more than what I would expect most men of his age to. I dont understand what adult male thumb sucking is about - should I be concerned? Please advise.

I msee no reason whatever to be concerned about someone who sucks their thumb, finding it consoling --- other people have other persistent comforters, a special blanket, or a fondness for comfort foods, like mashed potato or custard. On it's own, no cause for concern. Similarly, talking about or maintaining a relationshipm with his mother. He has had previous relationships, and while some people seem to abandon their parents comfortably, others maintain a close and pleasant relationship. And in some circumstances, a parent whose finances, halth or other reasons mean they need a bit more attention than others, even closer contact is normal and wholesome

Posted by: a Man | 2009-07-17

maybe he is still a mommy' s boy shame man....leave him!!!!

Reply to a Man