Question
Posted by: Frustrated and Emotionally Drained Blogger | 2011-08-23

Cyber Harrassed

I am being continuosly harrassed by bloggers with blank avatars and no blogs, then by one particular blogger who keeps opening new blogs. I caught him out so he now opened another one, I sort of suspected it was him because of the dates of him opening his blog and also the kind of flirtatious remarks. He grosses me out and I feel I won''t escape him so was considering closing my blog. The other bloggers that have invisible blogs are also male and they make strong vicious comments then delete them. Usually they apear late nights etc. when others aren''t watching.
Some of the men think it''s funny but I don''t. Can''t believe blogging isn''t even safe!!!

What a pathetic bunch of twozzers these folks are. Recognize that they can only upset you ( for whatever twisted reason they want this ) because you allow them to upset you. Sounds like you're working within a rather dodgy blogging system - why not close your blog and ignore them ( which will disappoint them ) and look for a cleaner blogging system before starting up again, anonymously, elsewhere and after as long an interval as you can manage ? There are other more private and controllable ways to operate. Why do you feel the need to blog at all ? Consider why, and whether there are better ways to achieve those aims

2

Posted by: Maria | 2011-08-23

Well, unless you have some sort of privacy setting, blogging is basically opening up yourself and your thoughts to the whole wide world. It''s like standing on a box in the middle of a crowded shopping centre, talking about whatever it is that you like to talk about. You cannot control who listens to / reads you, and how they are going to react. Private journalling might be more appropriate.

Reply to Maria