Posted by: AD | 2009-07-28

Cxl an agreement

Hi There
- this is not really labour related... more consumer related, but i would appreciate your advice. We recently attended a presentation by a marketing company selling travel... we agreed to sign up &  they requested a deposit of R7700, with monthly installments of R750 for 24months... We signed the Agreement &  initialed everywhere they asked us to. WE DID NOT READ THE T& C' s in great details, and the guys explained that he had gone thru all of it with us... I know that we are in the wrong, as we should have indeed gone thru the details... After signing, &  reading the T& C' s at home, it stated all additional costs like registration fees &  annual affiliation fees... The cost is entirely the issue, but after much arguing my husband &  i feel that at this given time, we were too hasty &  should not have put ourselves in such debt &  are afraid that this could become unaffordable... is there anyway of getting out of this agreement &  is there anyway in trying to recover the deposit paid?? Is there something like a GRACE PERIOD to cxl for consumers?? HELP, i am worried that this has been a BAD JUDGEMENT CALL!!!!

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

It might be useful for you to go to the Ombudsman and complain about this practice. Although we are not experts in the field it doesn't sound right.