Question
Posted by: Vivien Wilson | 2009/09/15

CVI

Mom 72yrs suffering with sore swollen legs which have ulcerated. she has been resting with leg up but still no change doctor has prescribed antibiotics but still not much change. She is desperate to find some sort of releive. Please help with any advice

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Vivien

Venous ulcers of the lower legs are very difficult to treat and can take a long time. This is a very specialised area and will need the help of a wound healing expert. This is not really my area of expertise, I suggest you see a vascular specialist you can assess the condition and get your Mom the expert wound healing care she needs.

Chris