Question
Posted by: Funnytummy | 2010/01/17

Cutting out the junk food

HI there,I have recently started cutting out eating sweets,chocs etc in the effort of loosing weight and having no starch at night.Since i have been doing this, my bowels movements are more frequent and my stool is rather " runny" . what is going on here? Thanks

Dear FunnyTummy
You may be reacting to the possible reduction in dietary fibre in your diet because of cutting out starch at one of your main meals. Dietary fibre provides bulk to the stools. On the other hand you may have developed an infection which coincides with your change in diet. If this runny tummy persists and starts to bother you, it may be a good idea to have a medical checkup just to make sure that you don't have an bowel infection.
Good luck with the weightloss

1

Dear FunnyTummy
Good luck with the weightloss