Question
Posted by: Jen | 2012/08/01

Cuts under toes

Good morning

Both my children aged 5 and 2 suffer every winter from cuts under thier toes (where the toe meets the foot), we do dry thier feet properly after bath etc but this still occurs, how can this be treated. Also my sons feet are starting to smell really bad, real stinky feet, and he does wear different shoes all the time. In summer they both hardly wear shoes.

Expert ImagePodiatrist

Does your boys go barefeet? I would suggest that you apply a footcream that contains urea twice a day to their feet and get them to wear shoes and socks.
The smelly feet could be caused by excessive sweating which creates a perfect enviroment for bacteria to functioin in which would contribute to the smell. Most podiatrist sell a footspray that is specifically prescribed for smelly feet.
If there is no relief with the above advise, I would suggest you consult with a podiatrst. www.podiatrist.co.za 0861 100 249

1
Posted by: podiatrist | 2012/08/02

Reply to podiatrist