Question
Posted by: Debs | 2010-08-23

cut ties

Referring to post 1080 and 1081 re my ex who wanted to be friends, but the effort was all mine and he made promises to call me back after I called him and didnt, etc. Well I have finallly ended it for good and now he has turned it around and made me feel guilty as though I am the one who doesn''t care about him. Now I feel bad but am not going to be manipulated by him again. I have cut all ties and want to move on with my life. How can I stop feeling guilty now? I dont want to regret my decision. Thanks.

Nobody can make you feel guilty unless you choose to accept the invitation. By agreeing to feel bad, you ARE still being manipulated by him. He has no right to insist on a claim to you, your feelings or your attentio, and should attend to the need for himself to move on, and in a different direction, rather than on trying to delay your wise decision to move on in your own direction

1