Question
Posted by: Silly | 2009/12/07

Cut in ear

I have used ear-buds for many many years, without a problem. In the last 2 years, when I use the ear-buds, I somehow cut my ear inside. I have been to the doctor before about it, as my ear becomes inflamed with incredible pain that can go into my jaw, causing pain when eating. Obviously, my doctor told me not to use ear-buds, and gave me pain tablets, an antibiotic and ear drops, and this sorted it out. When I get water in my ears, they feel dirty, so I use ear-buds again, and end up with a sore ear again. Then I would just use the ear drops and it would clear up.

I have done it AGAIN ... but cannot find the ear drops that I got from my doctor, and I cannot remember the name of it. Are there over-the-counter ear drops that I could use?

Hallo Silly
Ears can't get "dirty" inside - wax forms and it catches all the dust etc coming in the ear, and then gradually moves to the outer edge of the ear canal, where you can wipe it with a wet facecloth. (I.e. ears are self cleaning!) The skin inside the ear is very sensitive and what you probably do is cause an abrasion that gets infected. What works well is Quadriderm cream, or something like Betnesol N drops. Please throw away the earbuds! Water in the earcanal is not harmful and dries very quickly.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/08

Hallo Silly

Reply to cyberdoc