Question
Posted by: silly | 2011-03-24

cut

I cut my arm on a tin lid (strange maybe). The cut doesn''t seem to be deep - maybe 2mm at most and 15mm long, but the skin edges has sepearted enough that they won''t come together if I left it. (they are maybe 3-4mm apart. I''ve cleaned it with Savlon and will cover it again with a plaster.
Should I go get stitches or can I leave it to heal?

Hallo Silly
this is not a silly question! You may not need stitches but I think if you let your doctor "glue" it with a tissue adhesive or use Steristrips, you will not develop an ugly scar. (You probably need a tetanus toxoid booster vaccine anyway if you cut yourself on a tin)

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-03-24

Hallo Silly