Posted by: Wondering | 2010-04-23

Curly toes

Do you know what could be the cause for curly toes? I feel this is having an impact esp when it comes to high heal shoes. I wear a size 3 and not even a size 3 heal fits my feet without me having walk and my foot slipping out.

Is there an operation that could help straighten out the toes at all. I don''t suffer from pai n or anything. I spend my life in flat shoes but now and again it''s great to wear heals.

Honestly feet look hideous!!!!

Expert ImageReflexology expert

Hello Wondering

I'm not too sure what you mean by 'curly' toes..... are they hammer toes .... they curl downward ... or upwards ?
And is it all the toes or only some?

According to the meridians ... it will depend which toe/s it is and that would be your body telling you which system is under strain or not happy.

If it is in general - I would relate it to the liver meridian. The liver feeds the muscles and tendons - and if they are not well nourished they start to 'shrivel' up - the quality of the liver depends on the quality of food you are eating.
Is your diet a helathy one - filled with lots of raw food and good quality protein. If you are sufferring from hammertoes I would suspect that your diet is filled with bad starch and a high intake of stimulants, be it sugar, coffee, nicotene, soft drinks etc.

I would need more information from you to be able to be more exact.
And to answer your question about having an operation - I'm not sure if there even is an op like that - but if you do and do not change your diet ... it will only come back again.

Thank you for your question and I hope I have been able to answer some of it.

Keep well and helathy.