Question
Posted by: hair | 2008/07/24

curly hair

hi doc i have a weird problem. im 21 years old and have long black / brown curly hair because my mums coloured but my dads indian.problem is my boyfriend is obsessed with my hair his indian by the way and its driving me crazy he kisses my head more then my lips and he always touching my hair and refuses for me to cut it or tie it up or even straighten it. i know this is weird but its becoming an issue.please try to help me

This sounds like what is called a Fetish, which is when someone becomes sexually obsessed with a PART of a person rather than with the whole person. Some folks have a fetish for shoes, or feet, or other objects. Its less than a full human relationship. As just part of an otherwise loving relationship its usually fine, but the more exclusive it becomes, the more it damages the prospects for a long-lasting and mutually enjoyable relationship between two entire people. For him to have become so possessive and controlling about your hair, suggests his primary relationship may be with your hair, more than with you yourself. Relationship counselling might help, if he were willing to take part in it sincerely.

7
Posted by: hair | 2008/07/25

eish kelly you so right indian guys are so hard to figure out!!

Reply to hair
Posted by: Kelly | 2008/07/25

Well u said it!He is indian
All indian men have a thing with hair,i think its in their blood or something.My sister has long blond beautifull hair and whenever we go into a shop and there are any indians around they will def.comment on her hair or rub it and make her promise she will never cut her hair!
My b/f is indian too and he has aloso told me not to cut my hair but he' s not that bad about the whole hair thing as most indian men which im glad for.

So yah - indian men and hair ,theres a story there...
Anyone else who can relate to this or indian guys u could comment?

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: anon | 2008/07/24

oh well...then u must tell him. Dont allow him to make you miserable about it. It will just cause more problems in your relationship.

Reply to anon
Posted by: hair | 2008/07/24

you have no idea anon!!

Reply to hair
Posted by: anon | 2008/07/24

I think you should tell him how you feel....becuase this obssession is just going to drive you crazy long term i mean.
Shit it must be irritating having his face in your hair all the time.

Reply to anon
Posted by: hair | 2008/07/24

ive been with him for 3 years now in the beginning it wasnt that bad but know its getting out of control. and i really do love him

Reply to hair
Posted by: Maria | 2008/07/24

Ditch the bf. Do you see a longterm relationship with someone who makes you uncomfortable and is so controlling that you cannot even choose your own hairstyle?

Reply to Maria