Curious about clomid

Hello doc. We have been ttc for 11 months now. I am 28 yrs old and have a 4yr old. We have been to a gynae and he said everything looks fine. Is it possible that my gynae can give me clomid/fertimed even if my progesterone shows that i am ovulating? Maybe just a small dosage? Thanx. Dont know what to do anymore.

Dear Anonymous

If you are ovulating normally then I would strongly advise that you look at other possible causes contributing to the fertility problem, both on your side as well as on the part of your partner. Most causes of secondary infertility are due to tubal factors or other pelvic diseases such as endometriosis. Furthermore it is not unusual to find abnormalities in semen parameters which may have occurred in the past few months or years due to extraneous factors.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim