Posted by: D | 2009-05-13

Tried getting an appointment to see you, you are a very busy man, hopefully theres cancellations on Monday morning (hint hint)
Doc reading some of the posts, I cam on an email labelled facial hair and thats what I will be seeing you on, but what i noticed was that you mentioned PCOS (polycystic ovaries) and hair reduction in the same sentence.
question and answer, please don' t tell me that if you have PCOS you can' t have reduction treatment...say it aint so?
Cos I have PCOS and I have severe scarring and hair growth on upper lip and under chin...if you remember cos of shaving well I was burnt initially by hair removal cream hence mor than a decade of shaving..its bad!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

HI D, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my answer.

If one suffers from PCOS it is important to be managed and treated by your family doctor or gynecologist. There are no contraindications to laser or IPL permanent hair reduction and success rates are the same as patients treated with no PCOS.