Posted by: LP | 2009-03-13

curing absentmindedness

Hi Shrink

I need help, I keep losing stuff, forgetting where I put keys, I misplace my wallet, have just lost my 3K perscription Oakleys...the list goes on and on. Could not remember where I put my wallet this morning and had to rush back home after arriving at work, only to find it hidden under the passenger seat of my car?? 30 min late for work, not a good example to the subordinates, disappointed in myself....

I am not stupid (4 univ degrees), nor old....have had this bhvrl problems since schooldays. At school one teacher got so angry with my habit of losing stuff that she threatened bodily harm if I dare forget/lose/misplace another thing!

Is this the way I am? I am not a organised person at all, don' t use diaries or calendars much. Have tried but always stop in February sonewhere. I am also not prone to anger or tantrums or road rage ever...just a very mellow person. I don' t want to lose this part of me but I do want to be more in control of my disorganised brain.

Firstly, are you concentrating properly on where you put things, or are you rshing about not paying attention to such matters ? Secondly, try to get better organized, to have only ONE place to put the keys, the specs, whatever. And explore some of these examples --- how did your wallet get left in the car at all ? Why wasn't it in your pocket or briefcase ? Why didn't you check you had it, before leaving the car ? You can be oganized and mellow.

Posted by: T | 2009-03-13

crosswords have helped me keep my brain on track

Reply to T
Posted by: hump | 2009-03-13

there are mind excersizes you can do which will help improve your memory
and there are quite a few memory products available some even
claim they can give you the ability of photographic memory
Google it and see for yourself.

Reply to hump