Posted by: Nicky | 2009-01-07

Cupping for Headaches

I just want to know more about the " CUPPING"  My docter recommend it for me, at first i was afraid but a lady that i met went for it 4 years ago and she said it helped, she stopped getting headaches until now. I understand its a procedure where they use something to suck blood out of your head or back where ever the cuts have been made. I tried to look for more info via internet but dont find anything at all. Please advice me, is this safe, is it normal, does alot of people do this, alot of docters to this, etc.

Dear Nicky
This is a technique that comes from as far back as the middle ages and I don't think western doctors use this often today. It may however still be used by alternative medicine therapists and is often used by Arab and Chinese doctors.

Posted by: nicky | 2009-01-08

Is this safe?

Reply to nicky