Question
Posted by: cwenga | 2010/04/28

cultral-bound syndrom(intwaso)

is it natrual to be having dreams of you being near the river and the sea?what do the white beads and red beads mean because i have been having dreams and im wearing these type of beads and also wearing red,black and white material

Now, having such dreams is indeed normal, and there could be various rather ordinary reasons for such dreams. A Culture-bound syndrome is, by definition, occurring only within a particular culture with a particular set of beliefs. By calling it intwaso, do you mean you think this is a sort of sickness - notification that you should become involved in traditional healing, and perhaps train and seek initiation in that field ? I know that rituals involving rivers and offerings made there can be significant.
I think we have some articles on cultural disorders, including intaso, elsewhere in H24 - do a search within the site.
Because this is a culture-bound syndrome, you should seek detailed assessment and advice within that culture, for a truly expert opinion on the possible significance of these events

1