Posted by: Belinda | 2009-02-23

Cucumber and vinegar craving

For the past week I have continuously craved bowls of chopped cucumber in vinegar. I' m definitely not pregnant, why could I be craving this?

Dear Belinda
It is difficult to say why you are suddenly craving chopped cucumber with vinegar, but despite the fact that you are not pregnant, fluctuations in female hormone levels may be triggering this reaction. As your craving is low in energy and not harmful to health it won't have a negative effect on your weight. If you find that the craving does not abate with time or if you start craving other foods, it may be a good idea to have a medical checkup to eliminate any underlying diseases that can cause such cravings.