Posted by: Heather | 2011-06-24

CT Scans

I had an abdominal CT scan a while ago due to micro hematuria and abdominal/pelvic pain. I also had an abdominal x-ray and ultrasound (done by urologist). They did not pick anything at all up. I also had a cystoscopy and doc said my bladder is 100% but he had to stretch the urethra. I have also been at my gyna 3 x the last 6 months and he said I am fine. Also had pelvic ultrasounds and swabs and smears - all good. I still dont know what''s going on. The gyna said when they did the CT they would have picked up anything unusual in the uterus or ovaries as well. Is this correct as I thought you had to have a pelvic CT so see these organs ?? The only thing that came out of this whole thing was during my search for an answer a GP diagnosed me with PID (but I had negative gonnorhea and clamydia swabs, only found gardnella). After 24 hrs I felt 100 x better, but I still have pain now, but not as bad as it was. It seems to be all over the place in my pelvis too - the type of pain changes too. Do you think it was actually PID the whole time (also the cause of the micro-hematuria in the urine?).....At my wits end by now !!! sorry for the long explanation.

An abdominal CT scan includes the pelvis, hence any abnormal growths or structures would have been identified. It is possible that PID was overlooked and that this was causing your symptoms. It can be the cause for the micro-hematuria in your urine as well.