Posted by: Vin | 2011-10-12

CT scan diagnosis

I went for a CT scan and was advised that there was no concern. I am yet to find why I am sweeting at night, a doctor told me to have my liver scan once a year and that should be all. Colonoscopy and G scope came up clean other than a slight tear in my stomach. Please could you explain what is meant by the below comments on the CT diagnosis.

There is an area of band atelectasis in the left lung base
The lung bases are otherwise clear
The liver is normal in size outline and density
There are several circumscribed hypodensities within both lobes of the liver in keeping hepatic
There are several shotty non CT significant para-aortic lymph nodes
There is a dominant follicle in the right ovary
The left ovary appears normal (note: my left ovary was removed about 15 years ago due to a non malignant dermoidal tumour)
Multiple simple hepatic cysts
The CT is otherwise unremarkable.

There are multiple small cysts in your liver and you will need an ultrasound guided biopsy of the capsule of a cyst done, as well as aspiration of fluid that is contained in the cyst. This will assist with making a proper diagnosis. Ask your doctor to be so kind as to show you the CT scan and to explain all the different non-spesific findings to you.