Question
Posted by: patient | 2011-08-29

CS, think you overlooked my previous post.....

Hi CS.
I am having CBT therapy and would like your opinion on something which happened in session. Although I was not anxious (i was in a good space and quite relaxed) I was talking in circles, not finishing a single sentence as I jumped from one thought to the next. My therapist kept telling me I should start from the beginning but I couldnt. I couldnt complete sentences and would start talking then stop in mid sentence then start talking about something else, then go back to what i said earlier. What frustrates me is that i was not at all anxious. I suppose I need to mention I am bipolar, ADD, GAD. I know my therapist will say it''''s anxiety related but this time i don''''t believe it was. I hope I am making sense to you so that you are able to help me understand what''''s going on and why this happens. Surely everything can''''t be anxiety related? Can this be part of the ADD?

Not overlooked at all, but, outrageously, I had knocked off work Sunday evening when you first posted the question, and had a number of other questions to respond to this morning, too. I had responded when I saw this laters reposting of the question. My answer was :

" Didn't, not couldn't.

This need not be about anxiety per se, but level of arousal, fidgetiness, whatever. Maybe you were scating between topics because you felt unsure which were acually important or relevant ? Poor concentration can also have a number of reasons"

1

" Didn't, not couldn't.