Question
Posted by: ?? | 2010-05-20

cs is this true or what??

Please note that the banks will not accept a R200 note from 01 June 2010.
Exchange any R200 notes that you have before 31 May 2010.
Do not except any R200 notes after 31 May 2010, you won''''t be able to do anything with the R200 note. Customers can only exchange R200 notes at the branch up to R5000. If they have more, they need to go to the Reserve Bank directly. All R200 notes that customers have from 01/06/10, will have to be exchanged directly at the Reserve Bank.

I have confirmed this with our business advisor at the bank this morning. Due to the large amount of fraudulent R200 notes as of 1 June 2010 ALL R200 notes will be withdrawn.

Awfully inconvenient for many entirely honest people - and bad that the authorities let this hppen. I hope everyomne remembers to check on whether they have any odd large notes tucked away !

2
Posted by: Purple | 2010-05-21

Old R200 notes can be exchanged up until 1 May whereafter they won''t be accepted anymore. New R200 notes jwill be in circulation thereafter. The new ones have more safety features to combat the counterfeiting of R200 notes.

Reply to Purple