Question
Posted by: JJ | 2008/08/29

CS - HARME ISSUE

According to his parents he was bullied and made fun of as a child because he was much smaller than other children is his age group. His parents were aware of the problem and regularly stood up for him to speak to the bullies, but he accepted it as part of his life.

The combination of factors, low self esteem, a sense of worthlessness and helplessness drove him to such a drastic measure. He said he found a sense of power and protection from wearing the Satanist mask. It was not intentionally directed at anyone specific but just wanted to make a point and be heard.
His parents said afterwards they never realised what impact the physical and emotional abuse had on him.

I heard that, and a reporter said she was surprised in court by how small and youngnhe looked. The element of absorbing for so long the belittlement and disrespect is probably relevant, and the seeking for a sense of power --- and of being frightening to others. And I don't think any description made it a satanist mask. But it may have made him feel less likely to be recognized as the kid they'd tease, more likely to be taken seriously