Posted by: R | 2012-09-07

CS Comment

Hi CS,
Hope you are well.
In repsonse to one post, you commented " guilt is a useless emotion" 
This stuck in my mind, as I felt it really is so true.
But then again, don''t you think when one feels a sense of guilt one is also filled with remorse, and therefore seeks forgiveness thereby leadin to inner peace?
Therefore, guilt cannot totally be a useless emotion..

People who do awful things, who OUGHT tofeel guilty, uually dont. And most people who are tortured by guilt, did nothing wrong. ANd even if on id something wrong, JUST merely feeling guilty, doesn't help or solve anyhing. If onemoves through remorse tp seeking to make things right with the person you harmed, that can be useful --- but that's going beyond mere guilt on its own. Too often, feeling guilty is like spinning your car wheels in the mud : uses up a lot of fuel, but you don't move forward