Question
Posted by: Anon2 | 2008/07/15

CS

Dear CS
I’m the fool who couldn’t accept the Bipolar diagnosis. Thanks to you I have eventually accepted it and I’m taking the Epitec and Risperdal as prescribed. That business sorted out, I’m still worried about something else. I’ve been taking 0,5 Xanor SR since October last year when I was hospitalised for anxiety and depression, and 10 mg Zolpidem for about a year and a half. Is it possible that I’m addicted to the Xanor and the Zolpidem after using it for such a long time?

Odd. I remember someone with a story similar to yours --- but that was no fool, and neither are you ! I doubt that you're an addict, though it is possible for normal people like you to become dependent on either or both of those meds ( but especially the Xanor ), which is why we are cautious about prescribing them for more than a couple of months. You should discuss this with the same shrink who is managing your Bipolar problems, so as to assess whether they ( especially the Xanor ) are stilll needed, and if not, to make a reasonable plan to gradually phase them out --- don't stop them abriptly.