Question
Posted by: AD | 2011/02/25

Crying in his sleep

Hi, our boy aged 7 suddenly started crying in his sleep last week. He will sleep for about an hour and then just start crying. I check on him when he cries but he can''t tell me what is wrong - no bad dreams and no pain. In the morning he wakes up tired but can''t remember crying during the night. The was no trauma and nothing changed recently and during the day he''s a happy normal little boy. How do I help him?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

He is probably just having a bad dream, but is not remembering it.

If you hear him crying, wake him to interrupt the unpleasant experience, and then let him go back to sleep. He will almost certainly not remember it, but that will allow him hopefully to resume some more pleasant dream.

It really is not of medical importance, and it seems he is not even aware of it. He will grow out of it in time.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2011/02/25

Reply to Sleep expert