Question
Posted by: PJ | 2009-03-25

CRY EASILY

Hello Doc. what could be the problem, i have become an emotional wreck, i cry for nearly anything that is either sad, emotional, a situation i can relate too, something sad on Tv and if i am upset about something and i have to confront the person about the situation, i get emotional. ( i feel like a child that cannot handle situations anymore) i am 28 years and since the birth of the my 2 year old, i feel i have changed to become this- what could be the reasons.
a little of my backround
brother was murdered
parents got divorced
sister got divorced
i had a rough relationship with my now husband- but things are now great between us-( we' ve grown and matured together)
we together for 14 years married for 4 years.

With any one of those sad experiences, let alone all of them, you may have developed a Depression, and there could also be an element of Post Natal Depression, You should see at least a good GP, preferably a good local psychiatrist, for a thorough assessment and treatment advice based on that. Depression quite often shows itself in this sort of excessive emotional response to all sorts of sad situations and stimuli

1
Posted by: Rick | 2009-03-26

Hi PJ,

Im recovering from a recent divorce, and over the pst 2 months Ive cried almost every single day. It takes a song on the radio, a kind word, a story in the news paper, anything to set me off.
I know im in a mild depression and just working through the process of healing, so I dont think anything is wrong with me per se, Im just healing.

BTW Im 36, 6.3 feet and weigh 120kgs...so dont feel too bad. I wonder what people think of me when I break down driving to work...LIKE I CARE!!!

Reply to Rick