Question
Posted by: cameron | 2008/06/05

crushes

Is it normal to develop feelings for someone, when you're already in a serious relationship?
I haven't and won't do anything 'with' the feelings, but I'm curious - because I hate how "bad" it makes me feel.

It happens, it's not unusual, but its inconvenient and not something to act on. COncentrate on enhancing you real relationship

6
Posted by: cameron | 2008/06/05

Yes this in a different setting. and if I had to stay away from him and avoid him I guess it would help but I also am one of those types who finds the forbidden more appealing... Like a child, you say "Don't do that" and they do it ;)
Thanks, I've gotten the insight I needed!

Reply to cameron
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/06/05

mandy, i went through the same thing, taken advantage by a biz associate/boss. i was naive. but i think cam should think hard whether to stay or leave her serious relationship. if she is unhappy and having feelings for another man, maybe her and her bf arnt meant to be. OR maybe they just need some counceling. only you know the situation cam, thus only you will know the answer.goodluck. ps. what ever you decide, no regrets.

Reply to almost mad
Posted by: Mandy | 2008/06/05

Had a crush on a business associate and yes it then got out of hand! He took advantage of the situation to seduce me and well, I lost a husband because of it. My advice is to stay far, far away from this person!

Reply to Mandy
Posted by: cameron | 2008/06/05

Almost mad: I also agree, there are actually problems in my current relationship and I've made a decision to end things if we can't sort things out by a certain time, it breaks my heart but still, I won't go as far as to cheat.

Oh this guy I have feelings for isn't the type who would - how can I put it - "do" something if he had feelings for me/someone in a relationship. I wouldn't either, I'm too shy when it comes to emotions and keep those things well hidden.
I think human beings are a lot stronger than we give ourselves credit for, we can be strong without avoiding situations that may make us dizzy :)
I'm just glad I'm not as abnormal as I felt.

Reply to cameron
Posted by: ann | 2008/06/05

Oh yes, it does happen and it can be very dangerous!! Those feelings can get stronger then the fantasizing begins... and you have to be very strong to not want to do anything with those "feelings". Its the " how far can it go without any harm being done, or anybody finding out" thats so exciting. My only advise is: STAY AWAY!! and that is going to be very difficult, if you have already got feelings for that someone.

Reply to ann
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/06/05

yip. it happens. but dont kid yourself that nothing will happen. if you want nothing to happen then try to stay away from the person. It happened to me. I felt awful, i lest my bf and then I ended up with a bad man. im now with a great guy thou and dont regret leaving my "serious" relationship. Because i know that one wouldnt have feelings for another man if they werent having some issue or problem in their current relationship.

Reply to almost mad