Posted by: Joelle | 2009-03-04

Crushed dreams

Hi Doctor, and to all other users.

I am trying to hard to get over a dream that I had (and still have). It is impossible to live that dream now- I’ m too old and too deep in my job to leave. I see people that I know are mean and cruel and vindictive…  yet they are living my dream. It is so unfair and as hard as I try not to be- I am jealous. I tried to get into it, but I just wasn’ t good at it. I am happy in my job…  but it is not my dream. I’ m old enough to accept defeat with the grace of an adult but it is so hard… 

An old man I once met, years ago, wrote his autobiography with the title : "Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams".
Presumably you are, like him, talking about ambitions and wishes, rather than night-time dreams. Some nasty people abound, indeed, but don't assume they are living your dream. They may have the job or position you wish you had, but that doesn't mean they are happy or fulfilled by it. Work with a counsellor to claify your dream, and to find other ways to extend it and live it, not only in the apparently highly specific way you have imagined so far

Posted by: CreativeA | 2009-03-05

Hi Joelle,
Do not stop dreaming, instead work on those limiting beliefs that are stopping you from getting the job you dream of. Once you start converting your dreams into reality it is just part of the process to fail, learn from it what you would do differently and try again. Failure is just your soul' s GPS telling you to adjust your course a little. Most very succesful entrepreneurs and people who have amazing jobs can most probably tell you about a string of failures they have had before they made it.
Tell me where I am wrong - those other people are living their own dreams, not yours. Look at yourself in the mirror, you are brilliant, start dreaming and scheming again. You may fail again, and start afresh again. All of that is part of the process and surely better than living with shattered dreams. Deram scheme adjust and dream again and success is closer than you think.

Reply to CreativeA
Posted by: lilly | 2009-03-04

make yourself a vision board.. stick everything on it you want and focus on it, look at it every day. take small steps.. take up a hobby you' ve always wanted to do.
find things that make you happy..
and SLOWLY you can change you life, be proactive about looking for opportunities and things you' d like.
i wish you well. xo

Reply to lilly