Posted by: mickey | 2009-07-16

dear doc

ive just realised my boyfriend is cheating on me,im very upset as a result i cant sleep,he is out cheating and will come back in the morning,how do i deal with this? what do i say to him ,how do i aproach the situation,im crushed by the whole thing,weve been together for 3 years and i do love him and ive invested a lot in the relationship,hes taking me for granted,how do i look at the so called friends that are there when he cheats and act like they dont know about it when they see me,i feel like such a fool,i dont know what to do,please help

I'm sorry o hear that he has been causing you such pain, but though you probably feel reluctant to face the facts, he has shown you such disrespect and carelessly exposed you to the risks of STD, etc, that surel i would be wise to end this relationship ? The love you feel is for the guy you thought he was, not for the guy he has now proved himself to be.
He has not bothered to match your investment in this relationship. Peple who are wise about money, as I am not, tell me that most people who lose large amounts of money in investments, do so by insisting on sticking to an investment decision they had made, despite accumulating evidence that it was a bad investment and was dropping in value which would continue to drop. Its essential in money matters and in love, to know when to end an investment, save what you have, and re-invest somewhere else, with more caution

Posted by: Gracie | 2009-07-16

If he loved you he would not cheat .... maybe you should kick his sorry a** out and carry on without him. Has he ever heard of STDs and AIDS? He is behaving in a very irresponsible manner (sexually) and putting you at risk! If he cheats once and gets away with it, he will no doubt cheat again and again - especially if you are the forgiving type! He obviously has no respect for you. His friends all know about his shenanigans and yet they behave as though they know nothing??? Uh-uh girl, dump him, you deserve much better!

Reply to Gracie
Posted by: Kristen | 2009-07-16

Dear Mickey I am so sorry to hear this and feel your pain. I know right now you probably feel like crawiling into a hole and dying and as hard as this sounds you need to realise he doesn' t love you or consider your feelings. Pick yourself up dust yourself off and kick him out. Kick all those so called friends out too. You will love again and you will be loved. There is always a silver lining think about how hard this would have been had you guys been married, rather now than then. You deserve better.
Be strong and good luck!

Reply to Kristen