Question
Posted by: Mark Blair | 2010-02-25

Crumbling of the Metatarsal Bone

Dear Doc,

I have six operations on my left ankle, this just sporadickly happened years ago where the pain was intense different stages of the day and night and I couldnt walk due to the throbbing.

I was on pain killers for years and I am still taking due to my pain, two years ago I had a fusion and the pain still didnt go away, then I had tarsal tunnel and still it didnt go away.

They did an MRI and saw a cavity in the Meta Tarsal region and did a bone graph and removed some of my hip. It has been almost a year and still I am suffering from this endless pain.

If I may ask what do I do.

Best Regards

Mark Blair

Hallo Mark
If the local causes of the pain were excluded ( tendonitis, arthritis, injuries, bursitis and sprains) one should start looking at metabolic causes (gout) or referred pain (lower back problems causing a pinched nerve). Are you seeing an orthopedic specialist and have they done some blood tests? A solution may be to go to a pain clinic and have a nerve block of the area?

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-02-26

Hallo Mark

Reply to cyberdoc