Posted by: Carol | 2013-01-17

Cruise Experience

Hi, i am going on a cruise, can anybody share their cruise experience, a lot of people are scaring me, saying they wont go on water, others are saying they felt nauseas, etc, anybody being on the cruise please share your experiences with me.

IF we start chatting about "the cruise experience" we could slide into a chat forum rather than what it is. If you're asking about the psychological / physical aspects of a sea voyage ( which is part of cruising ) then there are some medical aspects : sea-sickness.
There's nothing to be alarmed about simply about being on water - the ships are large, comfortable, and probably safer than driving anywhere on SA roads.
But once one has got further out to sea, and especially in some areas where the sea is likely to be rough ( the Cape Coast can be ) the ship moves up and down and rolls. Some people are a "good sailor" and just enjoy this, some of us are affected and feel very nauseous and get "sea-sick". This can be helped by specific medicines your doctor can recommend, and by eating arefully and not over-indulging in alcohol ( it feels a bit like a hangover ). Its hard to know in advance how one would be affected - maybe its more likely in people who get car sick, or who feel bad on funfair rides.

Posted by: Viola | 2013-01-18

Carol, I advise you to consult and explain to the Pharmacist who may give you some tablets to take prior and after to prevent sea sickness/nausea as a precaution. I t did me wonders. Otherwise it''s a wonderful adventure.

Reply to Viola