Question
Posted by: 6 months | 2011-02-21

cruise coming up &  stressing

Hi there,

I am 6 months pregnant today, and we are leaving on Monday(28 Feb) on the Sinfonia to Maputo &  the Portugese islands. I should be excited, but i am stressing big time. i am told at Maputo we get off the ship at the Harbour but at the Portugese Islands you get off the ship onto a RUBBER DUCK and the rubber duck takes you to the shore and you get out and walk to the beach. I am stressing about the bumpiness of the water. especially going back to the ship, and getting on and off the ship. apparently the waves are much calmer there but im not buying it. im the type of person who takes risks, without a second thought (when its just me in danger) but my instincts are telling me NO, YOU ARE NOT GETTING OFF THAT SHIP!!

I really want to see the Island, i''ve never been out of KZN. but i love this baby, i want this baby to be born healthy much more then i want to see the island. Am i just being fearful or is it justified. My family is telling me not to stress and it''ll be fine, the people at the sinfonia suggested i stay on the ship.

Is there a danger to my baby, not me, im not worried about me, if i go on the rubber duck?

Also can i snorkel at 6 months pregnant?

The bumpiness of the boat is not a problem. Your main problem would be the risk of injury. As long as you take care to avoid this you should be fine. Snorkelling is not a problem.

3
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-02-24

Posted by: hestia | 2011-02-22

just a question, are you aware of it that there is NO toilets on the Portugese islands? My sister went there the first weekend of Feb. Just wondering how your poor bladder will hold up beign pregnant

Reply to hestia
Posted by: Nini | 2011-02-22

My personal opinion, are the crew members aware that you are pregnant? If so, ask them if they recommend you stay on board or if it''s safe. They should know better. Your fear is completely natural, trust your instincts at all times, but sometimes our emotions get the better of us too. Speak to your doctor and ask his opinion, and then speak to the ship crew.

Reply to Nini