Posted by: candice | 2009-09-01

cruel world = depression

I' m so sad. This cruel world is just too much. I did some research into the meat industry and i was devestated by the methods and inhumane way animals are slaughtered. I just can' t turn a blind eye to all this nonsense anymore. People just carry on with their lives like nothing is wrong. What is wrong with humanity and the world? I have no idea where i fit in anymore but i know that being a human being is not such a good thing. And it' s not just animals, it' s everything that we' ve managed to destroy. I honestly don' t see hope for this world!

Sorry to hear about this, Candice. I understand what you found to be so upsetting, but it's been the way of the world for many centuries, and has been even worse in earlier times. This is not to say lets forget about it or ignore it, but it's a reason not to allow yourself to feel devastated about it right now. And you feeling devastated doesn't help one single animal. Isn't it more of a reason to seek out positive things which you CAN do ? Explore vegetarian groups, or others who campaign against some meat industry practices. Probably even better, get involved in working with animal shelters and other groups that help animals in need. Personally, I have been impressed by the folks at CLAW, and adopted a splendid cat they had rescued.

Posted by: Sally | 2009-09-03

The starfish story:

A boy was walking on a beach where hundreds of starfish had been washed up unto the sand. He was frantically picking them up and trowing them back into the water. A man came by and asked what he was doing, there were so many starfish that he couldn' t possibly hope to save them all? The boy looked at the starfish in his hand, and as he threw it into the water he replied " No, but I can save this one." 

So don' t stop trying to help. You can' t save everybody, but even if you save just one it was worth the effort.

Reply to Sally
Posted by: Sally | 2009-09-02

I know how you feel. I have exactly the same problem. Somebody once send me a story about starfish. I will see if i can find it, and will post it tomorrow...

Reply to Sally