Posted by: Mona | 2012-04-02

Hi doc I was in hosp with an undiagnosed illness, but after ten days was discharged and just told my CRP level had been at 126. It then went to 96 and when I left hops was at 43, refusing to move from there. Could u tell me more about C-reactive protein and whether I shd fret at all it was so high. I did feel horribly ill and now am just suffering occasional pain and extreme body weakness, for which I was given paracetamol and told to rest. What does very high CRP point to?

CRP is an acute phase protein is usually used as a marker for inflammation. I am unable to comment on why your CRP levels were raised, as I am not familiar with your medical history. Please refer to the following link for more details about CRP: