Question
Posted by: DD | 2009-01-22

Cronic infection

Hi, I was just wondering, what can be the cause of cronic urine infection (hope that' s the correct term fot blaas infeksie?). I basically live off of Citro Coda. I don' t really get that burning sensation with it(only when it is REALLY bad), I can just feel that my urine is ' sour'  if I can call it that?
Thank You

Dear DD
It can be caused by abnormalities in the urine tract ( narrowing, old injuries, bladder that "dropped") or kidney stones, or a bladder that does not empty properly. If you get more than 3 infections per year you should see an urologist so that they can do some tests to determine the cause. The danger is that in the long term these infections spread to the kidney and can cause permanent kidney damage