Posted by: Gillian | 2012-07-16

Crohn''s Disease

Dear Doctor
I have a colleague whose son has advanced stages of Crohn''s Disease. We would desparately like to get him the correct care, without offending our colleague. She is desparate. Do you know of an institution that would be able to take care of him on her behalf or what treatment he could receive. His esophagus is very badly inflammed so he cannot eat anything bigger or harder than mince and diet shakes. We are really concerned for him as he is ''skin and bone'' and not doing very well. Please help! Thanks, Gillian

You should obviously get a specialist opinion from a gastroenterologist. You can also contact the South African Crohn's and Colitis Association at

Best of luck and well wishes, as Crohn's Disease is very difficult to treat.

Posted by: shoe | 2012-07-17

nice one doc... where are you these days?? I know you do not get paid for this - or so I heard, but if you cannot keep up with the work, please get someone else to do it. Some people really need advice and do not have other options immediately availible...

Reply to shoe
Posted by: Gillian | 2012-07-17

Dear Doctor
Please don''t reply to this request as my colleague''s son has since died.

Reply to Gillian