Question
Posted by: Janine Boosey | 2008/08/14

Crohn' s disease

Hi Cyberdoc

I was diagnosed with Crohn' s about 2 years ago and my doctor is Dr Schmidt, however i have recently heard conflicting opinions of my doctor from ex-patients of his. Should i get a second opinion and if so would you be able to recommend a doctor i should see.? Is there a crohn' s centre or crohn' s specialist that can monitor my sickness and recommend the best meds for me.

Janine
Cape Town

Hi Janine
I don’t know Dr Schmidt at all but if you feel that he does not treat you optimally you have the right to get a second opinion. You could ask Dr M Girdwood for a second opinion – he has a special interest in Crohn’s disease. Tel 021 531 0999 in Vincent Palotti hospital, Pinelands.

2
Posted by: Etienne | 2008/10/17

I would like to know a dieet,and what I can eat,every thing so far give me pain,not just pain,but extreme! pain.

Reply to Etienne
Posted by: Hayley | 2008/08/14

You seem to be living near Goodwood. Dr Michael Elliot in Claremont is really good and quite famous too!

Reply to Hayley