Posted by: Nic | 2012-06-04

Cricket churping in my ear ?

The other morning while laying still in bed with my left ear on the pillow I distinctly heard what sounded like a cricket singing or morse code going on in my right ear (very very faint sound) but if everything is silent I can definately definately hear it....what is going on ?? I dont have a cold, but the rest of my family has had one recently and my voice is going a little. I use ear buds a lot and they are in my ears a lot due to itchy ears so I have no wax build up. Am I going crazy ? Is this sound coming from my brain or my ears ?? I thought it was something in my room but cannot find anything that would match that sound. Thank you Doctor for your time.

You are suffering from Tinnitus. This is the perception of sound without stimulus. I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination, to find the cause. It can be due to sinusitis, a foreign object inside the ear etc. Wax build-up is also a possibility, as you might be impacting the ear canal when putting the ear bud inside your ear.