Question
Posted by: Claire | 2011/05/14

Crestor statin in athletes

My husband is a semi professional athlete, with high cholesterol, getting higher despite trying various alternative treatments (diet, omegas and niacin), as a result a new GP in Jhb (who took over from our GP) has prescribed Crestor. First, we''ve been reading that all statins can cause muscle aches/ weakness - which is a real worry as this will impact on his sport. Second, we live in Waterval Boven, so far from any specilaists / advice. Is there anyone you can recommend who will treat him holistically rather than just looking at his high cholesterol level and prescribing a statin, with no consultation or discussion - basically we want someone to help guide us through the pros and cons.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Claire

In my opininion you may benefit from getting the opinion of a sports medicine practice such at The Netcare Rosebank Hospital’s Centre for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics. These guys manage every aspect of sport and medcine and may provide valuable information.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/10/02

Mhmm.mhmm. Can't help sorry :"( but do you know who can? GAZAYOUNGGGGGGG Lipitor.

Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/05/16

Hi Claire

Reply to pharmacist