Question
Posted by: Tammy | 2009/10/21

CREMORA AND SUGAR

Hi there DOC

Thank you for answering all our questions.
I love my coffee but I have reduced it since I am trying to loose weight. I wna to know if I use the cremora lite will that be ok or will it slow down my weight loss. Also I use ordinary sugar with my coffee, I have gone from 3tsp to 2tsp and I am now down to just 1tsp. Is that ok or will that also slow down my weight loss. I am using duromine. I started on the 05/10 and to date I have lost 2kg.

Dear Tammy
It is a pleasure. I don't have the nutritive composition of Cremora Lite, but generally speaking it is not good to use coffee creamers instead of milk. The coffee creamers have a higher fat, saturated fat and sometimes also trans-fat content. Try using low-fat or fat-free milk instead of the coffee creamer. Having 1 teaspoon of sugar in a cup of coffee adds 81 kJ to your daily energy intake which is not excessive. However, if you drink ten cups of coffee a day this would add 810 kJ which may make a difference to your weightloss. Just keep in mind that moderation is the key when one is losing weight.
Good luck with the slimming.

1

Dear Tammy
Good luck with the slimming.